- Artists' Way Creations - 508 N. Main Street, across from the historic
courthouse; (336) 593-2900; Monday, 8am - 2pm, Tuesday-Friday 8am - 5:30pm, Saturday 10am - 2pm; Custom-decorated cakes,
gift baskets, box lunches, catering, art & more! - Bonnie Rodell -owner/operator
- Danbury Grill - 201 N. Main St. adjacent to Danbury General Store; (336) 593-8797; Monday-Friday 6am - 3pm, Saturday
& Sunday 7am - 5pm [Seasonal]; Breakfast/Lunch plates, Sandwiches, Fries, Ice Cream - Joan
& Ken Allen
- Dan River Family Restaurant - 1/2 mile south of Danbury on NC 8/89; (336) 593-2110;
Monday-Friday 6:45am - 8:00pm; Saturday & Sunday 8am - 8pm; Large variety of family foods; Sherry Bullins, manager; email:
- Danbury Diner - 305 N. Main Street, one block south
of the historic courthouse, next to the Post Office; (336) 593-DINE; Family restaurant; Open Monday-Saturday, 7AM-3PM
Shopping & Banking
- Dan River Art Market - 500 N. Main St. - across from the Historic Courthouse - Supporting Local Artists & their work. Monday-Saturday
8:30am - 5:00pm
- NewBridge Bank- Retail & Commercial Banking; 1101
N. Main Street @ Crestview Drive beside the Stokes County Governemntal Center; (336) 593-8151; Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm,
Friday 9am - 6pm. - Pat McCoy, branch manager
- The Flower Basket - Retail Florist located in
Sunset Park, 1 mile south of Danbury on Highway 8/89; (336) 593-2992 [Call anytime!] Monday-Friday 9am-5pm,
Saturday 9am - Noon - Annette Bullins, owner/operator
- Priddy's General Store - SEE INFORMATION UNDER GENERAL STORES ON THIS PAGE
- Splurges on Main Boutique - Specializing in ladies and teens gently used name brand clothing. Also offering new purses, jewelry and gift items.
Enjoy fresh-brewed coffee while you shop with the atmosphere of a downtown shopping experience. 605 N. Main St. 336-593-5400.
- Misteltoe Holler Farm - Danbury, NC. Fresh produce. Homemade jams, jellies
and pickles. http://www.misteltoeholler.com
Camping, Parks & Recreation
- Carolina Ziplines - Canopy tours through the forest treetops--near Hanging Rock Park.
- Dan River - for information on canoeing and tubing - go to the Visit Danbury page!
- Hanging Rock State Park - NC's most visited State Park - 5 miles northwest of Danbury off Hanging Rock Rd.
- Moratock Park - County Park 1/4 mile east of Main St. on Sheppard Mill Rd. - 1844
Moratock Iron Furnace with picnicing, swimming, fishing, children's play area, ball field, walking trail, shelters, canoe
- Sunset Park Campground - R.V and tent Camping, 1 mile south of Danbury on Hwy.
8/89. (336) 593-2992 - Open day & night year round - Margaret Bullins, owner/operator
- Moore's Springs Campground - turn right on Moore's Springs Road just before Hanging
Rock State Park entrance. About 3 miles on right. Located on the historic Moores' Springs property.
- Gem Mine and Rock Shop - located 1 mile South of Danbury across from Sunset Park
- See information on Dan River Cottage
& Whippoorwill Inn on the VISIT DANBURY page
- Manuel's Automotive - 1225 Hwy. 8/89 - 1/2 mile south of Danbury.
All types automotive services and repairs - 336-593-8600; Weekdays, 8:00am - 5:30pm - Jerry Manuel - owner/operator.
- Raymond Brown Well Co. - 1109 N. Main St. (336) 593-8239 - Well
Drilling, Pump Installation & Water Treatment - Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
Convenience & General Stores / Gas Stations
- Danbury General Store - 201 N. Main Street - (336) 593-8780; Groceries, Gas, Camping, Hunting, Fishing; Monday-Friday
6am - 9pm; Saturday 7am - 9pm; Sunday 8am - 9pm.; Joan & Ken Allen - owners/operators
- Hillside Market & Deli - 1/2 mile South of Danbury on NC 8/89 -
(336) 593-8736; Open daily 7:00am - 10:00pm; Groceries, Gas, Deli, propane gas, kerosene
- Priddy's General Store - 2 miles east of Danbury past Moratock Park on Sheppard
Mill Rd. - (336) 593-8786; Open Monday-Saturday 8am-6pm.; Authentic General Store built in 1888 - packed with many
goods from yesteryear; Jane Priddy Charleville, operator
- R. Michael Bruce - Attorney at Law - 404 N. Main St.- (336) 593-9240; fax (336) 593-3808;
Office Hours: Monday -Thursday, 9am-5pm; Friday, 9am-Noon; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- V.L. DeHart Jr., Attorney at Law - 625 N. Main St. - (336) 593-2106;
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9am-5pm; Friday 9am - 1pm
- Bill Marshall - Attorney at Law - Courthouse Circle - (336) 593-8115; Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm Web Site: http://www.billmarshall-law.com
- Don George - Attorney at Law - located in Bill Marshall's office on Courthouse Circle
Hair Salons, Beauty Shops
- Total Perfection - 701 N. Main St.
- Velma's Beauty Shop - 611 N. Main St.
- Blue Ridge Tours - Courthouse Circle - (336) 593-3723 Monday-Friday 9am - 2pm; Educational bus trips and tours;
Garland & Ruth Conner
- The Farm Bureau Insurance Agency - Insurance sales: auto-home-life-commercial - (336) 593-2801; weekdays 8:30am - 5:00pm.; Located on Courthouse Circle
- Stokes Pharmacy of Danbury - 1 mile north of Danbury on NC 8/89 across from Stokes-Reynolds
Public Agencies & Offices
- Hospice & Palliative CareCenter has been providing
unmatched end-of-life care to friends and neighbors in Stokes and surrounding counties since 1979. Address: 3169 NC 8 Hwy.
South, Suite 204 - Walnut Cove, NC 27052. Phone: 336-593-8450. http://www.hospicecarecenter.org
- Hospice of Stokes County provides true end-of-life
care with compassion--Neighbors caring for neighbors--affiliated with Stokes-Reynolds Memorial Hospital and Noth Carolina
Baptist Hospital. Address: PO Box 10, 1570 NC 8 and 89 N., Danbury, NC 27016. Phone: 336-593-5309, 1-888-593-7764
(toll-free), 336-593-2781 (after-hours). http://www.stokes-reynolds.org/